Monday, September 20, 2010

Pumpkin Patch Album


Hey there!  Shelly here, this is a My Monster Creations pumpkin album that I'm working on for my pumpkin patch pictures I'll be taking VERY soon!  Fall is my favorite time of year for so many reasons, brisk fall air, Chili, sweatshirts and warm fuzzy socks, football watching with "the Hubster" (fantasy football domination), beautiful warm colors every where as fall in the midwest is spectacular, pumpkin muffins, and one very popular local attraction is now open for business, Vala's Pumpkin Patch.  I'm super excited this year, since I'm recently enlisted in the SAHM army of love it made sense to get a season pass... yay!  Me and "Super Tuper to da rescue" have big plans of circling this place regularly.  Some of my up coming photo-ops...there is a seemingly endless map of family oriented attractions, pony rides, fun hay-rack tractor rides to one of the abundant pumpkin patches to search for our very own "perfect pumpkin", delicious home baked goods, and carmel apples that keep people coming back year after year!  SO, in anticipation of my Canon getting a work out... I have proactively started on this little pumpkin gem to supplement "Super Tuper to da rescue's" normal 12x12 yearly CM strap bound album, and several pages in the "friends and family" We are Memory Keepers three ring hybrid album that is an ongoing venture...  Just sayin!  These pics will be EVERY where!  

For this any many other reasons I am glad that I found My Monster Creations because these awesome board books are excellent for these supplemental little "event or destination" books I have a zoo one and now this Vala's book.  AND these MMC albums are easy peasy to make as gifts for others!  Do I sound like a commercial?  Haha.  The pumpkin is appx 7 1/4 x 8 1/4 it comes with four MDF pages and one acrylic cover.  Because of the large quantity of pictures I plan on taking, I added some additional pages in between the MDF with some Tim Hotlz Grunge board that I cut to shape and either covered with paper, painted, or used some Tim Holtz distress ink.  I am going to print my pictures at either 3x5 or wallet size in order to get as many as possible in the book.  I'm also planning to add some groovy little envelopes for some journal tags, extra pictures, and keepsakes from the patch.  And of course I'll be using my Cricut Expression and Imagine to create the perfect die cut embellies, I'm certain there will be some bling; stickles and i-rock style, and can you say burlap (oh yeah) to finish it all off...  I'll be posting pictures of the finished book sometime late fall or early winter so keep your eyes peeled for that! 

I hope you like my little book thus far and if you happen to jump over to My Monster Creations let Amy know that Shelly sent you! 
Feel free to click on the images to enlarge them.

Front cover, click to enlarge so you can see the acrylic
Pg 1 (inside of cover) grunge board pg 2
The striped paper (above right) and green paint (below) is on the first page of Tim Holtz Grunge board with a ribbon pull tab stapled on.
Grunge board green paint pg 3, pumpkin paper pg 4
pg 5 Orange w black spider paper, pg 6 grunge diamond pattern, pg 7-distress inked
reversed side of grunge (not shown is the polka dot pattern the grunge came as, I distress inked it a couple different colors and stapled the orange ribbon pull tab) pg 8-large polka dot paper shown behind the grunge board

Pg 9 Diamond patterned, pg 10 orange painted grunge board
Above-pg 11 (not shown)which is the back page of grunge board it is covered in green background with orange, purple, green, white, and black bats paper. Pg 12 is the purple star patterned paper shown behind the grunge board above right.  I sure hope this is all making sense...
Back cover of book.

So there are 12 pages inside the book in addition to the front and back covers-14 total.  If I'm not explaining this well feel free to email or comment with any questions. 

Materials used;
*Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber-Lettuce (I think) Halloween-ey green (see book, page 3 grunge board also painted with this dauber) I also used an orange dauber and Tim Holtz distress inks, and black cat eye to distress and edge the grunge.  The daubers come in a three pack at Michaels with a 40% off coupon, ROCK STAR!  I love my daubers.  You can't really tell but the edges of all the MDF pages are painted with the green paint as well, super cute.
*Front cover letters (Vala's Pumpkin Patch, white) are Basic Grey Ambrosia Alphabet stickers.
*Front cover numbers (2010, purple) are Echo Park Happy Halloween Alpha Stickers
* I used two different paper packs because I wanted this to be pumpkin patch-ish and not so much the halloween/ trick or treating themed.  SO, I picked coordinating pages from My Minds Eye-Blackbird collection and Little Yellow Bicycle-Booville collection.  I adore both of these collections and I also have a Basic Grey line the alpha's came from, I made a little Basic Grey circle chip board book which came as a kit from a booth at a Scrapbook Expo that only sold Basic Grey.  I'm sooo set for my halloween projects this year!  
* Random ribbon and raffia from my stash. 

Ok this is a VERY long post.  However, I have one last tidbit... I would like to thank the lovely TraciVee from www.neverfullpricescrapbooking.blogspot.com for the Tim Holtz Grunge board (among many other awesome prizes) which I was LUCKY enough to have won from a recent give away!  I was SO excited and have to admit I have never used grunge board before and I am now a huge fan.  I also used some of the ribbon I received from Traci, the zig zag orange and green.  So, again thank you so much Traci!

And with that; until next time...here's hoping we all have a healthy dose of love, some creative time, and laughter filled days.

Peace and love to all of my crafty friends...
~shelly 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Shelly, This is Shelley from Coggiecrafts. I sent you an email a few days ago about the Jolly Holidays Cartridge. Are you still interested in it? If so, please email me at coggie4556@bellsouth.net.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOUR LAYOUTS ARE GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice layout and designs.The crafts also is stunning.EPSON Premium Glossy Photo Paper

    ReplyDelete